Saturday, August 15, 2009

Design Notebook

The project that I am working on is titled Keep a Design Notebook. It is located on pages 89 and 90 of the book A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future by Daniel Pink. It instructs to: Buy a small notebook and begin carrying it with you where ever you go. When you see great design, make a note of it. (Example: my $6.95 Hotspot silicone trivet--a thin, flexible square that doubles as a pot holder, triples as a jar opener, and looks cool.) Do the same for flawed design. (Example: the hazard light button in my car, which is so close to the gearshift that I often turn on my hazards when I put the car in park.)...

My notebook entries so far are:
-The turn signal on my motorcycle, it's just far enough away from the clutch that I can't turn the signals on or off while I'm shifting or making turns.
-The drawers on my dresser, if you accidentally pull them too far out then it is impossible to put them back without taking the whole thing apart.
-My motorcycle helmet, if I'm going slow or am at a stop my helmet gets really hot, to the point of needing to lift the visor, even though it has a vent thing on the front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment